Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas in Alaska

We are in Alaska for the few days surrounding Christmas. This trip is for a few reasons, one being that Jaci is not yet two, so she flew free. Another reason was for something to look forward to after the miscarriage we experienced in October. Also, we love our friends here, as they have become like family. We love the snow, the short days, the Alaskan culture, Kaladi coffee, tea parties, and spending time with friends. When we got to camp (where we are staying), my body experienced a sense of relaxation, similar to when one has come home finally after a long journey. I have loved Alaska since I came here for the second time over a decade ago. I love it for so many reasons. It's been a place where I have experienced God, and where I have grown closer to him. It has been a place where I have met so many wonderful people, who have been woven into my heart strings as my family. I know this trip is short compared to our other trips, but I am soaking up every ounce of what is offered here, my second home.

No comments:

Post a Comment